Spammy Airpush notification drops Mario Kart for Android in our lap

Sometimes spam can be a good thing, right? I never thought I’d hear myself utter those words, but after turning on my Asus Transformer a little while ago, I may have just experienced one of the very few instances of “good spam” one can come across on the Internet. As my tablet booted up, I was met by the Mario Kart icon you can see in the bottom right-hand corner of the picture below.

Two things about this icon puzzled me. First, where did this mysterious icon come from? I hadn’t installed Mario Kart that I could remember. Perhaps the night before took more of a toll than I had initially given it credit for. Secondly, when did Mario Kart come out for Android and how could I have possibly missed this news?
From a quick glance at the comments on the Google Play Store, it looks like I’m not the only person with a TF101 who had this icon pop up. See Dave’s comment below:
Now, even though they tell you not to click on mysterious icons that appear on your homescreen, my curiosity got the best of me and I did just that. What happened next was quite a surprise. I ended up in the Google Play Store with Mario Kart staring me in the face. I figure, what the hell?  I have Lookout installed. I’ll give it a go. Sure enough — the game installed and I now have a working version of a classic game on my Android tablet.

Do I know where the push notification came from? I haven’t the slightest. Typically, I’d be irritated about something like this happening, but in this instance the spam actually notified me of something pretty cool. So for now, I’m not going to lose any sleep over this one.
The game has already managed to get a 4.5-star rating with 1,020 reviews, so it looks like a lot of people are already enjoying the game. There are, however, comments from some folks who’ve reported issues like lag and force closes. If you’d like to give Mario Kart a try for yourself, hit up the link below to head over to Google Play. The game is 14MB, so you might want to use WiFi and save some of that “unlimited” data.
Download Mario Kart 

Penulis : Unknown ~ Sebuah blog yang menyediakan berbagai macam informasi

Artikel Spammy Airpush notification drops Mario Kart for Android in our lap ini dipublish oleh Unknown pada hari Friday, June 22, 2012. Semoga artikel ini dapat bermanfaat.Terimakasih atas kunjungan Anda silahkan tinggalkan komentar.sudah ada 1comments: di postingan Spammy Airpush notification drops Mario Kart for Android in our lap
 

1 comments: